News

Frozen pipes lead to trailer fire

Damage caused by a Dec. 7 fire at a trailer on Lundell Road.  - Revelstoke Fire Rescue Services photo
Damage caused by a Dec. 7 fire at a trailer on Lundell Road.
— image credit: Revelstoke Fire Rescue Services photo

An afternoon fire on Lundell Road on Saturday, Dec. 7 was the result of an errant attempt to use a space heater to thaw frozen water pipes.

Fire Chief Rob Girard warned residents to be extremely careful when using space heaters or torches in attempts to thaw frozen pipes.

There were no injuries in the incident. The occupants of the trailer are being helped to find shelter.

 

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 16 edition online now. Browse the archives.