- BC Games
Mobile home damaged by kitchen fire
The sirens heard wailing across Revelstoke on Friday, Oct. 18 were responding to a kitchen fire at a mobile home in the 3600-block of Catherwood Road.
“The park residents with the aid of several fire extinguishers we able to knock down as much as they could of the fire that originated in the kitchen area," said Revelstoke Fire Chief Rob Girard.
The three occupants were waiting outside of the home when fire trucks and 24 fire personnel responded and put out the blaze. The fire was overhauled in under an hour.
There were no injuries. The home sustained "substantial" fire and smoke damage.
The victims received housing assistance from emergency social services.
Check your smoke alarms and take care when cooking, urged chief Girard. Kitchen fires are the lead cause of residential fires.